random questions while packaging...

Richard G. richardg at richardg.name
Sun Dec 5 17:40:26 EST 2010

The tests were written in a time previous to the addition of the test
features in Cabal.  Hooks were added to the Setup.hs file so that they
run when "cabal test" and so that they are not installed when "cabal
install" is run.

This was always intended as an interim method and I'm guessing that this
is not compatible with the installation method that you are using.
Explicitly removing them from the build or from the Cabal file will be
fine; they certainly aren't required.

I've been following the changes to Cabal's test integration with
interest.  I had planned to wait for the documentation to make it to the
website, then update HUnit.  If it would be beneficial, I can make the
changes now; I just need to know where I can find the new Cabal
documentation.

Richard