Packages that split hackage

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 16 07:47:03 EST 2009

On Mon, 2009-11-16 at 10:58 +0000, Sittampalam, Ganesh wrote:
> Duncan Coutts wrote:
> > I've been trying to make a consistent set of packages to test
> > releases of Cabal and cabal-install.
>
> Why not just build each package separately, rather than trying to do
> them all at once?

Because I'm trying both to see if packages build, but also to see if
cabal-install is working. It's also a useful exercise in its own right
because this is what distros have to do, since they typically do not
want to ship multiple versions of packages. It's also a bit easier to
automate given the logging etc that cabal can do.

Duncan