OSX installer -- another status update

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Mon May 25 09:55:08 EDT 2009

On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 11:51:53PM +0000, Duncan Coutts wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-05-21 at 10:02 -0400, Gregory Collins wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm making progress on the OSX installer front, torturously slow though
> > it may be. I wasted most of Tuesday trying to bundle GHC's OSX installer
> > inside the Haskell platform distribution -- it looks like GHC's
> > installer is broken somehow as the GUI tools choke on it, saying "Could
> > not unarchive package payload". This, despite cpio handling it just
> > fine?
>
> We can check with Ian how the OSX pkg is built, what versions of tools
> he is using. Now is a good time to work this out since there will be a
> new one for the ghc-6.10.4 release, so there's the opportunity to make
> changes to details of how the pkg is built, or versions of tools used.

In a GHC source tree, see the framework-pkg target in
distrib/MacOS/Makefile for how the packages are made (if you want to
run it yourself then note that you need to ./configure first. Also, I'm
not sure if it works properly in the HEAD at the moment, so it's best to
use the 6.10.3 release).

If you want to know what tool versions I use, just let me know what info
you need.

I'm not familiar with the details of how the package creation works, but
Manuel wrote it so if you have any questions then perhaps he will be
able to answer them.

Thanks
Ian