[haskell-platform] #32: problem configuring generic source tarball under debian lenny: editline is missing

haskell-platform haskell-platform at projects.haskell.org
Sat May 9 08:04:37 EDT 2009

#32: problem configuring generic source tarball under debian lenny: editline is
missing
--------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:  aycan.irican at core.gen.tr  |        Owner:  duncan
     Type:  enhancement               |       Status:  closed
Comment (by duncan):

 Replying to [comment:7 aycan.irican at core.gen.tr]:
 > why we need editline package to build haskell platform?

 If you're asking which other platform packages need editline then the
 answer is none. If you're asking why do we look for editline, it's because
 the platform specifies a GHC release and the core libs that come with that
 release.

 That said, we may need to make an exception anyway since I think GHC
 6.10.3 does not include editline at all.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.haskell.org/haskell-platform/ticket/32#comment:8>
haskell-platform <http://trac.haskell.org/haskell-platform>