Windows installer - beta release

Simon Marlow marlowsd at gmail.com
Wed May 6 05:31:09 EDT 2009

On 02/05/2009 07:24, Mikhail Glushenkov wrote:
> Hi Bulat,

>>> The default value is "GHC/6.10.2" - I assume that you
>>> changed "GHC" to "Haskell Platform" manually?
>> no! i've installed HP into C:\Base\Compiler\HaskellPlatform but this
>> probably doesn't make difference
>
> This should be fixed in the latest RC.

I should point out that if the Haskell Platform installs GHC and the
tools to a directory with spaces in by default, then you can't use it to
build GHC (GHC's build system can't use tools from directories with
spaces in).

This will be a significant gotcha for people who want to build GHC on
Windows.

Cheers,
	Simon