Haskell Platform universe

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Tue May 5 03:41:32 EDT 2009

Hello Mikhail,

Tuesday, May 5, 2009, 11:20:48 AM, you wrote:

>> and rechecked it's behavior. Vista x64 Ultimate SP1, i've used "just
>> extraction" installation - may it's source of problem?

> "Just extraction" shouldn't create any shortcuts at all - you probably
> have them left over from the previous installation.

nevertheless, it makes them

>>> The current plan is to allow different versions to coexist (I
>>> think we even have a ticket on this issue).
>>
>> i think it will make platform less useful (but simplifies maintaining, OTOH)

> In which way will this make the platform less useful?

imagine that you installed HP2009.1, then installed a lot of libs on
top. next month you install HP2009.2 - and all these libs are gone.
although everything you need is just to add to your installation pack
of "standard" libs included in new HP release

>> btw, it will be great to have shortcuts for "switching to" any
>> installed platform. i.e. this shortcut should modify PATH/registry
>> settings like that is done due installation

> A-la Visual Studio's vcvars32.bat. Good idea, I'll add it.

yes, .bat will be useful too. but i meant start menu shortcuts for us,
dumb users :)

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com