Windows Installer RC

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Mon May 4 15:01:04 EDT 2009

On Sat, 2009-05-02 at 06:12 +0000, Mikhail Glushenkov wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've uploaded the release candidate Windows installer to
>
> http://code.haskell.org/~refold/HaskellPlatform-2009.2.0-rc1-setup.exe
>
> Unless someone finds serious bugs in this RC, this version will
> be released on Monday unchanged.

Ok we're preparing the download site, do you have a final build? (I
presume the rc uses the word "rc" in the installer text so we cannot
simply rename the above file)

> What's new in 2009.2.0-rc1:

>     * Installer size was cut down by 50% by turning on 7z
>       compression (thanks to Bulat Ziganshin for the heads-up).

BTW, it looked like the size was pretty much unchanged at ~50mb. Did the
7z get turned on properly? Don't worry about it if it's already done.

Duncan