Windows Installer RC

Mikhail Glushenkov the.dead.shall.rise at gmail.com
Sat May 2 02:12:05 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I've uploaded the release candidate Windows installer to

http://code.haskell.org/~refold/HaskellPlatform-2009.2.0-rc1-setup.exe

Unless someone finds serious bugs in this RC, this version will
be released on Monday unchanged.

What's new in 2009.2.0-rc1:

    * We now use a single root directory for both GHC and
      extralibs
      ($PROGRAMFILES\Haskell Platform\$HP_VERSION).

    * Installed files are tracked precisely (no unsafe `rm -rf`
      business).

    * A new installation mode which doesn't touch the system
      settings or registry was introduced. Suggested by Claus
      Reinke.

    * Installer size was cut down by 50% by turning on 7z
      compression (thanks to Bulat Ziganshin for the heads-up).

    * The welcome screen is now slightly less dull.

Known issues:

    * The installer may work with restricted user accounts, but
      it has not been tested and is not officially
      supported. The "minimal install" option (just unpack the
      files) will most probably work, since it doesn't do
      anything fancy.

    * glut32.dll is not included, though it probably should be.

Enjoy!