universal binary version of Haskell Platform?

Benjamin L. Russell DekuDekuplex at Yahoo.com
Thu Dec 3 04:53:41 EST 2009

Recently, in changing my work schedule to work mainly from home, I
switched from mainly using a work Wintel machine running Windows XP
Professional, Service Pack 3, to mainly using my home PowerPC G4
PowerBook Macintosh, currently upgraded to Mac OS X 10.5.8 Leopard.

However, to my surprise, there does not seem to be a version of the
Haskell Platform that runs natively on my current OS.

Does anybody know where to find a universal binary version of the
Haskell Platform, or at least of GHC 6.10.4?  Otherwise, I'm stuck
without a native version for my currently installed OS.

Incidentally, since my OS is currently very unstable (10.5.x Leopard,
unlike 10.4.x Tiger, is reportedly very finicky about the RAM
installed, and I haven't upgraded my Mac from the original allotment
of 512 MB), there is a possibility that I may temporarily downgrade it
to Mac OS X 10.4.8 Tiger, pending purchasing more RAM.  If a universal
binary version does exist, will it also work with Mac OS X 10.4.8
Tiger?

-- Benjamin L. Russell
http://dekudekuplex.wordpress.com/
-- Matsuo Basho^