[haskell-llvm] pushing llvm-base with patched setup.hs to hackage

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Fri May 17 23:03:55 BST 2013

On Fri, 17 May 2013, Carter Schonwald wrote:

> if we hit a TH breakage, thats easy to work around, GHC always provides
> the GHC_VERSION style #if CPP macros, so that would be easy to resolve
> if that happens

I have not tried it with current Cabal, but in the past, Cabal and thus
Setup.hs could even run on Hugs. This would not be possible with TH.

Is it possible to write the Setup program without the Cabal functionality
that has changed?

If not, how about uploading two versions of the package that only differ
in the Setup.hs script and the Cabal-Version field in llvm-base.cabal?