[Haddock] Feature request: type signatures in index overview

David Luposchainsky dluposchainsky at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 10 12:37:22 BST 2013

On 2013-09-10 13:30, David Waern wrote:
> I think it's a good idea. We could probably find ways to shorten the
> types/definitions. For large function type signatures we could e.g
> truncate them adding " -> ..." at the end (or in the middle). For
> types we could e.g. choose to not show the definition if it's too
> big.

Like Mateusz suggested, I opened a Trac ticket, and added a quickly
Gimp'd impression of what I'm talking about (spoiler, the types don't
necessarily match their definitions as Gimp typechecking is still WIP).

http://trac.haskell.org/haddock/ticket/261

I too think truncation is the way to go for long definitions, because I
don't think we should alter the Index page layout (by having multiline
type cells for example).

David