[Haddock] Fully qualified identifiers

Tobias Brandt tob.brandt at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 26 06:40:09 EDT 2010

Hi all,
I found the following message in the mailing list archive:

On Tue, 8 Jan 2008, David Waern wrote:
>  I like to have the following enhancements:
>
>  * Optionally show qualifications of identifiers, that is print
> "Sequence.map" rather than "map", "Music.T" rather than just "T". The
> option for haddock could be
>      --qualification QUAL
>            QUAL=none   (default) strip off qualification (just "map")
>            QUAL=orig   show the identifiers as they are written in the module (e.g. "map" or "List.map")
>            QUAL=full   show all identifiers with full qualification (Data.List.map)
>    Actually I tried to implement it by myself in the old Haddock, but I
> could not precisely identify the place, where the qualification is
> removed.

Is somebody working or planning to work on that?

It would be really useful for packages like numeric-prelude that use C
for the main class and T for the
main type in a module intended for qualified import. Also, it would
help in case a module was imported
qualified because of name clashes. Atm, those name clashes still exist
in the haddock output.

Regards,
Tobias