[Haskell-cafe] Preview the new haddock look and take a short survey

Thomas Schilling nominolo at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 4 09:14:24 EDT 2010

On 4 August 2010 10:11, Magnus Therning <magnus at therning.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 06:00, Mark Lentczner <markl at glyphic.com> wrote:
>> The Haddock team has spent the last few months revamping the look of the generated output. We're pretty close to done, but we'd like to get the community's input before we put it in the main release.
>>
>> Please take a look, and then give us your feedback through a short survey
>>
>> Sample pages:  http://www.ozonehouse.com/mark/snap-xhtml/index.html
>
> I really like it, especially the synopsis tab on the right.  Brilliant!  The
> TOC is nice too!  The over-all impression is that it doesn't look as
> auto-generated as the old style.
>
>> Frame version: http://www.ozonehouse.com/mark/snap-xhtml/frames.html
>
> Also very good looking.  Does the current stable version of Haddock really
> create a frame version?
> I've never seen one before...

Yes, I added it two years ago, but we never advertised it much,
because of a problem on Firefox.  You had to press the back button
twice, which was annoying.  I've just found a fix, though, so it
should work fine in the next  release.  It already works fine in
Chrome, though.

> /M
>
> --
> Magnus Therning                        (OpenPGP: 0xAB4DFBA4)
> magnus@therning.org          Jabber: magnus@therning.org
> http://therning.org/magnus         identi.ca|twitter: magthe

If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to
consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the
family Anatidae on our hands.