[grapefruit] Can't fit tooltips into grapefruit "box" model

Wolfgang Jeltsch g9ks157k at acme.softbase.org
Fri May 15 15:15:18 EDT 2009

Am Freitag, 15. Mai 2009 21:04 schrieb Roman Cheplyaka:
> * Wolfgang Jeltsch <g9ks157k at acme.softbase.org> [2009-05-15 20:46:08+0200]
>
> > Isn’t a tooltip just a string? How would you “create” a tooltip?
>
> No, […] "Tooltips" is an object representing tooltip group. You need it
> to set tooltip string for a widget.

Yes, Tooltips is a tooltip *group*. A tooltip (without s) is just a string,
you associate with a widget, and therefore cannot be “created” like an
object.

I think, I misunderstood your earlier mail. You said: “create new Tooltips
every time”. You probably meant, creating a new object of type Tooltips every
time a tooltip changes. However, I thought, you mean creating a new tooltip
(singular) every time the signal changes. So I said that a tooltip (singular)
cannot be created.

I would not create a Tooltips object (tooltip group) everytime, the tooltip
signal changes, but only once per widget.

Best wishes,
Wolfgang