[Chart] the grammar of graphics

Tim Docker tim at dockerz.net
Wed Mar 26 08:44:40 GMT 2014

Thanks for the reply.

What do you mean by a monoidal structure? Some parts of the existing chart
are lists (eg the plots shown on a chart, or the charts to be stacked) so
are monoids in a trivial sense. Do you mean something deeper?

A chart definition is currently a pure value (though rendering one is not).
Are you suggesting there should be a monadic wrapper to construct the pure
values as syntactic sugar?

Tim