[Chart] Device coordinates to plot coordinates

Sacha Sokoloski sokolo at mis.mpg.de
Thu Jul 11 10:46:55 BST 2013

I have another question related to the last.

I'm continuing to build up more machinery for running animations using
Chart and GTK, and one thing which I would like to do is to register
mouse clicks from a GTK window, and transfer them into the coordinates
of the plot. The principle reason for this, as an example, is that I
have some physical system that I'm simulating, and it would be nice to
be able to click on the system to set the initial coordinates. It seems
like PickFn is somehow the key, but I thought I would ask before I dive
into the guts of Chart.

It would also be helpful to be able to do this in the context of a grid
renderable, but I'm not sure how possible that would be.

At some point I can also upload my various animation tools, once we
figure out a good way to integrate it. I've noticed that Diagrams people
also has an 'active' package for running animations, but I'm not sure
how to fit it in. Maybe some kind of GTK backend option for animations?

Thanks,

  - Sacha