[Chart] API changes for version 1.0

Tim Docker tim at dockerz.net
Mon Aug 19 02:15:24 BST 2013

Hi,

As you would be aware, the chart library has undergone a large refactor
and cleanup as part of the drawing backend abstraction. Whilst the API
hasn't changed in substance, there are some superficial changes - I've
described them here:

https://github.com/timbod7/haskell-chart/wiki/API-Changes-for-version-1.0

Comments, thoughts or feedback welcome.

I expect that the  1.0 release will go up to hackage and be announced in
the next week or so.

I've updated all the examples on the wiki to be "1.0 compatible".
Looking at the examples, they typically all import

import Graphics.Rendering.Chart
import Graphics.Rendering.Chart.Backend.Cairo

import Data.Colour
import Data.Colour.Names
import Data.Default.Class
import Control.Lens

It's natural to import the core library and an appropriate backend. I'm
considering whether the core Graphics.Rendering.Chart module should
reexport the other 4 modules above. Any thoughts on this? This would
reduce the number of imports, but also make it less clear as to where
things are coming from.

Cheers,

Tim