[Chart] Chart Digest, Vol 14, Issue 2

Malcolm Wallace malcolm.wallace at me.com
Fri Aug 2 14:43:21 BST 2013

On 2 Aug 2013, at 13:46, Tim Docker wrote:

> I don't have a particularly strong view on it, but I seem to have developed a habit of camelCase for functions and values, and underscores for record field names. This seems to suit me, as the field names have special syntax (cf regular values and functions), and often need a type specific prefix to distinguish them.

FWIW, I have also had the habit for many years of using_underscores in field names, but camelCase everywhere else.  I think it is a pretty common stylistic trait.  Similar to the difference between varids and conids being heralded by lower or upper case initials, I like being able to intuit at a glance whether a varid is label-like or not.

Regards,
    Malcolm