[darcs-users] Camp vs Darcs & the future of both

Andreas Wagner andreasbwagner at pointfree.net
Wed Jul 31 22:36:03 BST 2013

Good question! I am also interested to know what the plan is.

As for word based diffs I'd actually rather see block move diffs (
http://docs.lib.purdue.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1377&context=cstech)
than
patches based around yet another arbitrary character that is meaningless in
most programming languages. Block moves (p q l) may be more economical as
well depending on how patches (with "add" and "remove") are represented
now. Also, renaming darcs tracked files would not require a special command
anymore.

afaik camp does do something like this (offset length).

It would be nice to see more development on camp even though the theory and
proofs are incomplete (they probably will be in some way for the foreseeble
future). In fact, I may just import the camp stuff to my darcs hub and
start poking around.

- Andreas