mini-update: curl, the get command

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Wed Feb 18 14:18:27 EST 2009

Hi all,

Just another mini-update.

Camp now uses CURL, so it ought to work for remote HTTP and SSH repos
(although I haven't actually tested that yet). And URL is now an
abstract type, so it's harder to accidentally ask curl to download
"foo/bar", or to try to open "file:foo/bar" as a file.

When getting the inventory and patches from a remote (unlocked) repo, we
now cache them in a temporary file so as to get a consistent view of the
remote repo.

Together, this means that the "get" command is now more-or-less
complete. The profile isn't looking entirely healthy:
    http://community.haskell.org/~igloo/get.png
This will at least partly be due to a GHC bug:
which we might be able to work around, and there may also be other
space problems that need looking into.

Thanks
Ian