Not getting quality with Wireless

Jose A. Ortega Ruiz jao at gnu.org
Mon Feb 3 17:50:35 GMT 2014

On Mon, Feb 03 2014, Jorden M wrote:

> [...]

That's fine, i also need sudo to run iwconfig.  xmobar is not using
iwconfig, but calling a C-function that talks directly to the driver
using iwlib.  If you see the ESSID and it's correct, xmobar is already
accessing the driver and should need no extra permissions, as far as i
can tell... in my list of groups, i see 'netdev', in case that makes a
difference.

I take it that the link quality you see with iwconfig looks normal (a/b
with a and b positive integers)?

jao
--
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that
the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if