Not getting quality with Wireless

Jose A. Ortega Ruiz jao at gnu.org
Mon Feb 3 17:15:34 GMT 2014

Hi Jorden,

On Fri, Jan 31 2014, Jorden M wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Xmobar gets the essid, but the quality is always zero. I use a
> broadcom card with the wl driver.

I have never experienced a problem like that.  I'm also using the wl
driver, but my card is a realtek.  We use a C library to talk to the
driver, maybe there's some quirk with broadcom cards... does iwconfig
report Link Quality? E.g., right now, if i run iwconfig in a terminal i
see, among other things:

         Link Quality=44/70  Signal level=-66 dBm

Do you see something similar?

Cheers,
jao
--
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter
 how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first,