A couple issues

Reto Hablützel rethab at rethab.ch
Fri Jul 12 12:45:18 BST 2013

As for the DynNetwork plugin: I don't think the regular wlan plugin behaves
any differently when the device is down? And besides, I don't think
substitution is a good way to go with this. At least in my case, I am
either interested in the state of a certain thing on my machine or I am
not. If I want to know my disk usage, then I configure xmobar to show this.
When the network device is down, it would probably make sense to indicate
that with some text (e.g. not connected) or, of course, configurable.

I don't see why you would want to embed the config into the one from
xmonad. The config of xmobar could be typechecked without the presence of
xmonad and vice versa.

- Reto