A couple issues

Sacha Sokoloski sacha404 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 23:30:44 BST 2013

Hey,

Thanks for the greatness that is xmobar!

I do have a little wishlist of features, which I thought I'd mention.
Firstly, it would be great to have some kind of fall back/secondary font
option. In my case, this would be to use some unicode line drawing/box
characters from more complete font sets to complement my monospaced font
of choice.

Secondly, I do try hard to maintain fixed widths throughout the status
bar. Right now, I can't seem to figure out how to set the Wattage
display in the Battery plugin to a fixed width. It would be nice to be
able to do that.

Thirdly, the DynNetwork plugin has the annoying habit of taking no space
when it isn't connected. What would really be ideal is that there would
be a fall back plugin (something like DiskU) that I could select in the
event that I have no network connection. That's probably a lot to ask
though.

Finally, for us users of xmonad it certainly would be a plus to be able
to define and typecheck the xmobar config right inside the xmonad
config, but again, I realize that's probably not a small request.

Cheers,

  - Sacha