xmobar's MPD integration does not appear to respect UTF-8

Jose A. Ortega Ruiz jao at gnu.org
Sat Feb 2 13:42:00 GMT 2013

Hi Devyn

On Sat, Feb 02 2013, Devyn Cairns wrote:

> After further investigation, I have found that it's simply an issue of
> xmobar not being able to locate a fallback font. It doesn't seem to
> support font lists of multiple fonts, either.

That's right.

> So I guess I'm stuck using a Japanese monospace font for now (M+ 1mn;
> it's a good font, don't get me wrong).

I'm afraid so, at least for the time being.

> That doesn't solve everything though — I have other scripts in my
> music library that aren't in M+ 1mn. So multi-font would really,
> really help, if it's possible at all. TIA.

Yes, it's in my TODO list, and we actually have an open issue with a
proposed patch:

  http://code.google.com/p/xmobar/issues/detail?id=37

The problem was that it needed to modify an external library, but it's
possible that we could incorporate those changes into xmobar proper.
I'll see what i can do!

Cheers,
jao
--
If you could kick in the pants the person responsible for most of your
trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month. — Theodore Roosevelt