xmobar's MPD integration does not appear to respect UTF-8

Devyn Cairns devyn.cairns at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 11:03:12 GMT 2013

After further investigation, I have found that it's simply an issue of
xmobar not being able to locate a fallback font. It doesn't seem to support
font lists of multiple fonts, either. So I guess I'm stuck using a Japanese
monospace font for now (M+ 1mn; it's a good font, don't get me wrong).

That doesn't solve everything though — I have other scripts in my music
library that aren't in M+ 1mn. So multi-font would really, really help, if
it's possible at all. TIA.

--
    ~devyn