Xmobar Digest, Vol 12, Issue 7

Jose A. Ortega Ruiz jao at gnu.org
Fri Aug 2 00:09:00 BST 2013

On Wed, Jul 31 2013, Sacha Sokoloski wrote:

> On 31/07/13 01:00 PM, xmobar-request at projects.haskell.org wrote:
>> Yes, it's feasible: we "just" have to adapt an existing
>> implementation...
> Would that still involve patching the xft library, or would it be
> possible to do it purely through the xmobar library? If the latter,
> then it would seem worth pursuing, and I would be happy to help.

It's now possible in xmobar because i had to introduce our own xft-lite
binding due to a separate issue (a problem with a memory leak on the
X-server side).  So it should be now possible to "patch" our internal
XFT with what was supposed to be a patch for xft... the relevant
patches, provided by Cedric Staub, and associated discussion is
available at our old issue tracker (but please, feel free to use
github's if need be):

  http://code.google.com/p/xmobar/issues/detail?id=37

Cheers,
jao
--
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend: and inside a dog,
it's too dark to read.