Automatic flushing for PipeReader (with Patch)

Jose A. Ortega Ruiz jao at gnu.org
Tue Aug 7 00:04:14 BST 2012

On Tue, Aug 07 2012, Jochen Keil wrote:

[...]

> Sorry, I will fix that.
>
> However, I wrote a whole new Plugin which reads from multiple pipes
> and overwrites one main pipe temporarily, restoring the original
> content after a given timeout.
>
> I think that's an even better approach. :)

Agreed!

> Furthermore I'm currently hacking on xmobar to make it
> autoraise/autohide when a plugin generates new data.

That sounds awesome.

> I will get the latest darcs sources and then send patches applied to
> that then.

I'm afraid xmobar is no longer maintained in darcs, and the latest darcs
sources are very outdated.  The current source tree is in github:

https://github.com/jaor/xmobar

If you know git, the best way to submit your patches would be via a
github PR.  If you don't, you can get a tarball of the sources from that
page (the "zip" button):

https://github.com/jaor/xmobar/zipball/master

and send me a diff file, no problem!

Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks in advance for your work! :)

Cheers,
jao
--
Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could
do only a little. -Edmund Burke, statesman and writer (1729-1797)