Issue 34 in xmobar: Config file as actual code?

xmobar at googlecode.com xmobar at googlecode.com
Tue Dec 7 20:09:17 EST 2010

Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 34 by MathStuf: Config file as actual code?
http://code.google.com/p/xmobar/issues/detail?id=34

A while ago I was looking at supporting my multiple machines easily with
one config and programmatically determinining the number of cores in the
machine. To my dismay, I found that xmobar uses parsec to read the config
which I found weird since it's Haskell-y. I suppose being Haskell-like
makes it easy to support actually parsing it for backwards compatibility.
Thoughts?