Stemming & Hello!

Mark Wotton mwotton at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 03:59:08 GMT 2012

G'day all - just found this list and am as pleased as punch that there
are other people hacking on NLP stuff in Haskell. My stuff's pretty
basic at the moment, but I'm hoping to do more soon.

So, just so there's some actual content: I maintain

http://hackage.haskell.org/package/porter

but noticed that there seems to be a more capable version at

http://hackage.haskell.org/package/stemmer

However, it doesn't build currently and doesn't have a source repo
listed. Anyone know if Eelco Lempsink is interested in pull-requests
etc?

oh, also: I've been playing around with a suggester using levenshtein
distance to many possible target strings. This isn't the fastest thing
in the world: is there a better algorithm in the literature?

cheers!
mark

--
A UNIX signature isn't a return address, it's the ASCII equivalent of a
black velvet clown painting. It's a rectangle of carets surrounding a