maxent libraries?

Grzegorz Chrupała pitekus at gmail.com
Mon May 23 10:16:00 BST 2011

Hi Rogan,

You should take a look at wapiti: http://wapiti.limsi.fr/
It supports both logistic regression (aka Maxent) and Conditional
Random Fields, and implements several estimation algorithms. Written
in C and has a BSD style license.
I used it a bit and it is easy to use and fast.
You can see how it performs on the MLComp site: http://mlcomp.org/programs/771
This site is in general good for playing around with ML algorithms and datasets.

My own perceptron sequence tagger written in Haskell also performs
decently on many MLComp datasets:
http://mlcomp.org/programs/780

Hope this helps,
--