maxent libraries?

Rogan Creswick creswick at gmail.com
Sun May 22 23:26:15 BST 2011

Is anyone aware of any BSD/Apache (or "free-er") licensed maxent
libraries/packages for haskell or c (or other ffi-compatible
language..)?  I'd like to recreate some of the OpenNLP classifiers,
which rely heavily on maxent (I haven't found suitable tokenizers /
sentence splitters / POS taggers / NE-recognisers for Haskell yet..).

There is a c++ implementation of maxent here:
http://www-tsujii.is.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~tsuruoka/maxent/ but the license
doesn't make allowances for commercial distribution/use, which is a
non-starter.  (The GPL is also probably out, for similar reasons.)

Thanks!
Rogan