ESSLII 2011

Jan Snajder jan.snajder at fer.hr
Tue Dec 14 05:44:03 EST 2010

> Message: 5
> Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 09:58:28 +0100
> From: Dani?l de Kok <me at danieldk.eu>
> Subject: Re: ESSLII 2011
> To: nlp at projects.haskell.org
>
> On Dec 13, 2010, at 9:58 AM, Niklas Niklas wrote:
> > I went to ESSLLI this year, and I did bump into a couple of
> Haskellers.
> > I don't know if it fits with my plans next year, but I can
> > wholeheartedly recommend ESSLLI -- lots of interesting people and
> great
> > classes.
>
> I was at ESSLLI the last two years, but I think I will skip next year.
> For me, the balance has shifted too much toward logics and semantics,
> at the cost of computational linguistics.

ESSLLI is fun! I've been to the one in Hamburg and one in Bordeaux, and
will definitely be going to next ESSLLI in Ljubljana. Let me know if
anyone of you plans to go there. I would love to finally meet at least
one Haskeller in real life. :-)

As for the remark about shift towards logics: I am inclined to agree
with Daniel. Nevertheless there are so many things going on in parallel
at ESSLLI, so it rarely happens that there is nothing interesting with
wich you can fill in a slot. And after the first week you are so tired
of sitting all day long that you actually pray for a little break (or
you sleep through a couple of evening lectures, as some did :-))

Cheers,
Jan