Leksah 0.8 Prerelease

Jürgen Nicklisch-Franken jnf at arcor.de
Sun Mar 7 14:15:11 EST 2010

Please test our new pre-release, which we have published on Cabal.

We are in the process of preparing the next release of Leksah and are
looking for people to test and report their experience. This prerelease
may not be stable enough for productive work. If you like a minimum
trouble upgrade you should wait till the release is officially
announced.

Changes for 0.8 include:

      * Workspaces (for projects with multiple packages)
      * Better metadata with non exported definitions for workspace
        packages
      * Support for prebuild metadata packages
      * Better completion (keywords, language extensions, module name,
        non exported definitions)
      * Splitt in a client and server part (Client part doesn't import
        ghc-api)
      * Compiles with ghc 6.12 (Needs testing if it actually work)
      * Many bug fixes and little enhancements
      * Prepared for Yi (Abstract TextEditor interface, not ready for
        use)

We have published the first 0.8 packages to Hackage.

Installation:

      * You need ghc 6.10.? or 6.12.? installed.
      * You need gtk2hs in a version compatible with ghc that includes
        the gtksourceview2 package.
      * cabal install leksah
      * start with: leksah

Known bugs and problems:

      * The release is still untested on ghc 6.12. It is currently not
        running in debugging mode under 6.12.
      * The server may occasionally allocate much memory. You can simply
        kill the process, and it will be restarted.
      * The automatic build may show some unexpected behaviour.
      * We are in the process of preparing the documentation but it is
        not updated yet.

Have fun with Leksah
Jürgen "jutaro" Nicklisch-Franken