leksah-head: ltk and binary-shared packages

Yuras Shumovich shumovichy at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 03:48:15 EST 2009

Hi Jürgen,

2009/12/5 Jürgen Nicklisch-Franken <jnf at arcor.de>:
> Hi Yuras,
> I've split Leksah into parts, all package are available on
> code.haskell.org/(binary-shared,ltk)

Thank you for the reply. I'm able to build lekash-head now.

> The major new feature in the development repository is support for
> complex projects, which are composed of more then one package. You now
> have to open a so called Workspace and add packages to it.

It's a very useful feature for complicated projects.
But is it possible to and something like "default Workspace" to be
able to open single .cabal file easily?

> Currently I work on improved meta data. For this I split Leksah again,
> so that a new package called leksah-collector will appear soon. (it is
> not on the web yet. Hope we can start to release the new version to
> Cabal in January.
>
> I should have updated the Homepage, but I'm busy developing and have a
> lot of fun with it. Hope you will like the next release. The currently
> available development version should be usable, but has some bugs which
> are not yet fixed (Mainly crashes with the Message: "Pane with this name
> already exist" and something like "View split ...").
>
> I'm concerned, that (as far as I know) gtk2hs does not compile under ghc
> 6.12, so that we can't prepare Leksah to support it. If someone would
> advert this, it would be helpful.

You are right, gtk2hs has very complicated build system and it is not
ready for ghc-6.12 still.