Mac OSX

Hamish Mackenzie hamish at firestream.co.uk
Fri Apr 3 20:39:55 EDT 2009

I missed few things in the install docs...
1) It was not clear that you have to remove gtkglext from the list of ports
to install if you are building GTK for Quartz.

2) Next it is a good idea to run this before installing gtk2hs
pkg-config --modversion gtksourceview-2.0
If it does not return 2.4.2 then you need to port
One probably cause of this would be if /opt/local/bin/pkg-config was not
first on your PATH.  Something like this in your  ~/.profile should do it...
export PATH=/opt/local/bin:$PATH

3) I just noticed I have this in my ~/.profile file
export XDG_DATA_DIRS=/opt/local/share
This is only needed at run time (not during the build), it helps Gtk find
all its resources.