iteratee Semantics of s, enumerators, enumeratees?

John Lato jwlato at gmail.com
Sun Aug 22 07:31:49 EDT 2010

Hi Conal,

To my knowledge, nobody has attempted this.  Oleg may have some ideas, but I
don't think he's written about it.  I really don't know anything about
denotational semantics, so I couldn't do this myself.  For some time I've
thought it would be good if somebody were able to put together a formal
semantics for iteratees, so I'd be very interested if you'd share what you
have so far.

Would a denotational semantics apply equally to multiple implementations, or
would it be tied to a specific implementation?

John