[HTTP] need package maintainer's input for Haskell Platform

Ganesh Sittampalam ganesh at earth.li
Fri Sep 21 18:45:01 BST 2012

Hi Mark,

On 21/09/2012 14:06, Mark Lentczner wrote:

>     *1. **If you are /not/ the current maintainer of the package(s)* I
>     think you are, please let me know immediately. If you are a mailing
>     list, please let me know the key individual contact for this sort of
>     communication, as it is going to happen with every HP release.

I'm the key individual responsible for HTTP, but I think the maintainer
field accurately describes where communication should go (i.e. the
mailing list).

>     2*. **Which version of your package(s) should be in the next release
>     of HP?* In the past we always bumped to lastest on Hackage, but that
>     has caused some instability of the HP build, and stability is what
>     it's all about. So, please, let me know the exact version of your
>     package that should be in HP 2012.4.0.0.

The current latest, 4000.2.5, is fine.

> At present it looks like HP 2012.4.0.0 will go out with GHC 7.4.2, so
> versions should build against that. Please let me know if there would be
> a difference if we shipped with GHC 7.6.x.

The last time I tried, problems with dependencies meant that the test
harness wouldn't build against GHC 7.6.x. So although I have no reason
to expect HTTP to be broken there, at this point it's less well tested
than on 7.4.x.

Ganesh