Haskell Neural Network

Thomas Bereknyei tomberek at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 07:02:29 GMT 2012

As Alp said, the idea was to be general, then specialize and optimize.
So of course we'd have a representation that took advantage of matrix
optimizations. I always pushed to have the general graph background
because I have an implementation in mind that requires it. It also
allows a simple conceptual understanding; build the graph then run it
as a neural network. It subsumes any discussion of hidden nodes,
layers, etc.

Time as always is an issue, though I'd be willing to pull time from
some other projects if there were some fresh ideas or some progress to
be made.

I've also learned since then, GHC has gotten better, etc.

-Tom