No subject

Sat Nov 26 14:22:34 GMT 2011

feed-forward neural network. From this,
I suggest that you take a step back and go to a vector/matrix
representation.

This will reduces a lot of the complexity in your codes.

Moreover, many of the advanced training algorithms (Conjugate Gradient,
BFGS, L-BFGS) requires the representation
of the weight parameters to be in vector form. If the HNN project continues
to use a graph representation,
it would be costly to convert back-and-forth from graph to vector to use
the advance training algorithms.

I understand that you guys want to make the most general representation
possible so the project would be scalable, but I think
it would behoove you guys to re-evaluate your representation of the neural
network.

Thanks.

Kiet Lam

--0016e6de002781539804b66d227f

Hey, I don't know how active the HNN project is, but after looking at y=
aking it way too hard on yourselves by going to a graph representation.=A0<=
/div>
he Wiki page of HNN, it seems like you are interested in a feed-forward neu=
ral network. From this,</div>
ning algorithms (Conjugate Gradient, BFGS, L-BFGS) requires the representat=
ion</div>
inues to use a graph representation,</div><div>it would be costly to conver=
t back-and-forth from graph to vector to use the advance training algorithm=
s.</div>
l representation possible so the project would be scalable, but I think</di=
v><div>it would behoove you guys to re-evaluate your representation of the =
neural network.</div>

--0016e6de002781539804b66d227f--