Month in Haskell Mode July 2015

Gracjan Polak gracjanpolak at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 10:01:33 BST 2015

Welcome Haskell Mode users,

Haskell Mode progress report for July 2015.

For previous issue see June 2015
<https://github.com/haskell/haskell-mode/wiki/Month-in-haskell-mode-June-2015>
.
<https://github.com/haskell/haskell-mode/wiki/Month-in-Haskell-Mode-July-2015#what-is-haskell-mode>What
is Haskell Mode?

Haskell Mode is an umbrella project for multiple Emacs tools for efficient
Haskell development. Haskell Mode is an open source project developed by a
group of volunteers. For more information see
https://github.com/haskell/haskell-mode.
<https://github.com/haskell/haskell-mode/wiki/Month-in-Haskell-Mode-July-2015#important-developments>Important
developments

Preliminary support for the 'stack' tool was implemented, some bugs
relating to cabal handling were fixed. 'forward-sexp' takes into account
structure of Haskell identifiers. Running a project does not ask so many
questions anymore.
<https://github.com/haskell/haskell-mode/wiki/Month-in-Haskell-Mode-July-2015#reached-project-focus>Reached
project focus

I'm please to announce that we have reached our project goal of 100
contributors! Thanks to everyone that submitted a pull request!

Reached status is 100/100! Yey!

We will of course continue to lower the entry barrier for new users, new
issue reporters and first time contributors. Haskell Mode is sure a project
that can accommodate many more volunteers. We know that there are plenty of
people out there that have no more than a couple of hours to spend on a
weekend and we would like to prepare ground for them to contribute. To
facilitate that we will have a category of tasks that have the field
cleared for them, questions already sorted out and detailed information how
to get them done. So you can just sit, search for 'well-defined-task' label
and enjoy the coding!
<https://github.com/haskell/haskell-mode/wiki/Month-in-Haskell-Mode-July-2015#new-project-focus>New
project focus

Get 50 'well-defined-tasks' done as by the metric:

https://github.com/haskell/haskell-mode/issues?q=is%3Aissue+label%3Awell-defined-task+is%3Aclosed

Current project status 7/50.

Current project focus
<https://github.com/haskell/haskell-mode/wiki/Project-focus>.
<https://github.com/haskell/haskell-mode/wiki/Month-in-Haskell-Mode-July-2015#closed-issues-in-june>Closed
issues in June

   - Stylish haskell doesn't work in haskell-mode any more #116
   <https://github.com/haskell/haskell-mode/issues/116>
   - forward-sexp works poorly with operator names #648
   <https://github.com/haskell/haskell-mode/issues/648>
   - Why does haskell-interactive-bring' calldelete-other-windows'? #710
   <https://github.com/haskell/haskell-mode/issues/710>
   - haskell-indentation-mode layout tops braces #712
   <https://github.com/haskell/haskell-mode/issues/712>
   - Move haskell-utils-* from haskell-commands.el to utils package if
   possible, rename otherwise #728
   <https://github.com/haskell/haskell-mode/issues/728>
   - Automatically create process when opening haskell files #729
   <https://github.com/haskell/haskell-mode/issues/729>
   - Add Stack ghc feature #744
   <https://github.com/haskell/haskell-mode/issues/744>
   - How can I specify where build artifacts are stored? #749
   <https://github.com/haskell/haskell-mode/issues/749>
   - Error: reference to free variable `haskell-import-mapping' #755
   <https://github.com/haskell/haskell-mode/issues/755>
   - Haskell-mode was invaded by Eclipse users #762
   <https://github.com/haskell/haskell-mode/issues/762>
   - C-c C-l returns "No current directory" #763
   <https://github.com/haskell/haskell-mode/issues/763>
   - Rename turn-on-haskell-* functions #771
   <https://github.com/haskell/haskell-mode/issues/771>
   - haskell-process-get-repl-completions result contains unnecessary item
   #776 <https://github.com/haskell/haskell-mode/issues/776>
   - Error on "C-c C-l" #784
   <https://github.com/haskell/haskell-mode/issues/784>

<https://github.com/haskell/haskell-mode/wiki/Month-in-Haskell-Mode-July-2015#merged-pull-requests-in-june>Merged
pull requests in June

   - haskell-interactive-bring': Usepop-to-buffer'. #743
   <https://github.com/haskell/haskell-mode/pull/743>
   - Add support for interaction with stack ghci. #746
   <https://github.com/haskell/haskell-mode/pull/746>
   - Fix regex for package version detection #750
   <https://github.com/haskell/haskell-mode/pull/750>
   - Fix docstring position #751
   <https://github.com/haskell/haskell-mode/pull/751>
   - Debt/move and rename functions #752
   <https://github.com/haskell/haskell-mode/pull/752>
   - build: when compiling, don't rely on old elc files #756
   <https://github.com/haskell/haskell-mode/pull/756>
   - Add haskell-lexeme.el #757
   <https://github.com/haskell/haskell-mode/pull/757>
   - Implement haskell-forward-sexp #758
   <https://github.com/haskell/haskell-mode/pull/758>
   - Random refactoring #767
   <https://github.com/haskell/haskell-mode/pull/767>
   - Remove cabal-ghci #486 #768
   <https://github.com/haskell/haskell-mode/pull/768>
   - New variable to allow user to enable/disable prompts on starting REPL
   #769 <https://github.com/haskell/haskell-mode/pull/769>
   - Error overlays #770 <https://github.com/haskell/haskell-mode/pull/770>
   - Implemente layout rule more properly #773
   <https://github.com/haskell/haskell-mode/pull/773>
   - Mark various turn-on-haskell-* functions obsolete #774
   <https://github.com/haskell/haskell-mode/pull/774>
   - Fix copy-list #775 <https://github.com/haskell/haskell-mode/pull/775>
   - Add optional candidates limit arg, remove unused item from result #781
   <https://github.com/haskell/haskell-mode/pull/781>
   - Correctly match 'stack-ghci when running haskell-process-do-cabal. #783
   <https://github.com/haskell/haskell-mode/pull/783>
   - Determine proper default Cabal directory when no Cabal project #785
   <https://github.com/haskell/haskell-mode/pull/785>

<https://github.com/haskell/haskell-mode/wiki/Month-in-Haskell-Mode-July-2015#contributors-active-in-june>Contributors
active in June

Arthur Fayzrakhmanov (Артур Файзрахманов), Bryan O'Sullivan, Gracjan Polak,
John L. Walker, Justin Wood, Kosyrev Serge, Moritz Kiefer, Moritz Ulrich,
Syohei Yoshida, Vincent Bernat, Vlatko Basic
<https://github.com/haskell/haskell-mode/wiki/Month-in-Haskell-Mode-July-2015#contributing>
Contributing

Haskell Mode needs volunteers like any other open source project. For more
information see:

https://github.com/haskell/haskell-mode/wiki

Also drop by our IRC channel: #haskell-emacs at irc.freenode.net.

Thanks!