Path and "selecting deselected buffer"

Andreas Abel andreas.abel at ifi.lmu.de
Thu Oct 27 09:52:57 BST 2011

Hi folks,

Somehow, trac.haskell.org does not let me enter a new ticket and does
not send email to me to let me verify my identity, so I voice my report
on this list...

haskell-mode does not seem to like me working on two different projects.
  If I already C-c C-l loaded haskell files from one directory into ghci
and then C-c C-l from a buffer in a different directory, ghci complains
about not finding files.

A solution was to kill the ghci buffer and C-c C-l again, causing ghci
to be reloaded.  However in the new haskell-mode (I am using the darcs
version), this does not work, I get a "selecting deleted buffer" error.
  (This is a recent problem, worked fine in older versions, like
haskell-mode 2.3.)

I do not know any way to reset haskell-mode, and the only cure at the
moment is to restart emacs.  (Annoying, because I have all sorts of
other files open not related to haskell.)

Could the haskell-mode be fixed to catch the "selecting deselected
buffer" exception and just restart ghci or recreate the missing buffer.
  That'd be great!

Cheers,
Andreas

P.S.:  Working on Mac OS X 10.5,

GNU Emacs 22.3.1 (i386-apple-darwin9.5.0, Carbon Version 1.6.0)
  of 2008-11-01 on leopard.local

Oettingenstr. 67, D-80538 Munich, GERMANY

andreas.abel at ifi.lmu.de
http://www2.tcs.ifi.lmu.de/~abel/