Half-width indentation for "where" keyword

Johan Tibell johan.tibell at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 15:39:55 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 11:59 AM, iquiw <iku.iwasa at gmail.com> wrote:

> Seems haskell mailing lists are not working now...
>
> I made the `amend-record' version of the previous patch,
> which, I think, fixes the nested-where problem.

Works great. Saves me lots of frustration when editing Haskell code. What
are the chances to get the patch into the main repo? I think the style that
it support is common in practice; it's used in Real World Haskell for
example.

> There is one known issue I have not figured out why.
> It needs 4 tab key presses to change (a) to (b)
> (a)
> --------------------------
> foo = do
>    bar
>    where
> --------------------------
> (b)
> --------------------------
> foo = do
>   bar
>  where

I think it has to do with having to press tab one extra time to cycle back
to the beginning of the set of possible indentations. I think this is normal
Emacs behavior.

> OT: I have never used nested-where, what is the benefit?

They're occasionally useful in nested function definitions.

Johan