[Haskell-cafe] ANN: Haskell-mode 2.8.0

Alex Ott alexott at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 10:05:02 EDT 2010

Re

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic  at "Fri, 02 Jul 2010 23:57:21 +1000" wrote:
 ILM> Alex Ott <alexott at gmail.com> writes:
 >>  SOA> - I want the parser to be as accurate as possible. This essentially
 >>  SOA> means reimplementing haskell-src-exts, unless I *use*
 >>  SOA> haskell-src-exts.
 >>
 >> May be you can use semantic to make a parser? Semantic is already included
 >> into emacs, and I hope, that it will make life easier. Plus we'll
 >> automatically get lot of other functionality - name completion, navigation,
 >> etc.

 ILM> My understanding is that semantic is more aimed at C-like languages (I
 ILM> seem to recall reading a discussion a while back about someone trying to
 ILM> use semantic to parse Python or something like that and failing), and as
 ILM> such wouldn't work too well for Haskell.

There is parser for Python, written in Semantic (wisent).  As I understand,
it works.  The problem that is left with Python - support for
modules/libraries lookup, etc.

I just remembered, that one men started to implement haskell grammar for
cedet - it's available from http://github.com/hometown/cedet-haskell -- you
can contact with him and discuss questions...

--
With best wishes, Alex Ott, MBA
http://alexott.blogspot.com/           http://alexott.net