git mirror

Philip Weaver philip.weaver at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 03:24:16 EDT 2010

No, not quite.

As far as I know, the only VCS that git supports are svn and cvs.  In those
cases, yes, you can pull from and push to the remote svn/cvs repository, but
there are some restrictions on what you can do in the git repo (you have to
rebase instead of merge, for example).

darcs-to-git is not part of git.  It is a separate program that provides a
one-way translation.  I intend to maintain a branch that mirrors the darcs
repo, and a separate branch with my patches rebased on top of that.