ANNOUNCE: haskell-mode 2.7.0

Dave Love fx at domain.invalid
Tue Dec 8 09:34:03 EST 2009

alexott-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org (Alex Ott) writes:

> May be it's better to integrate my support for hlint completely? It has
> some additional stuff - jumping to first error, application of hlint's
> suggestions to source code, etc.?

I'm not sure whether it's best to include it or keep it separate -- that
probably depends on whether there are (likely to be) alternatives so
that they multiply in the mode.

Actually, the right thing to do is to abstract this into a framework
available to other modes with similar tools.  Unfortunately there was no
interest in the abstraction over languages/tools that Python mode was
meant to start to avoid duplication/inconsistency with things like
running inferior interpreters and checkers; the situation has got worse
if anything.  However, it might be worth doing that sort of thing anyway
for others to pick up.  I expect Haskellers to value abstraction and
leadership more than Python bigots, at least ☹.