versioning

Mark Lentczner mark.lentczner at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 05:16:47 BST 2015

You might have all noticed that I started to call the next release of
Haskell Platform 7.10.2...

I'd like to move to matching the first three components of the HP version
to the version of GHC involved. I think this will make it far less
confusing for most users.

There the small issue that the version number, as Version object, will
appear to go backward - as 7.10.2 < 2014.2.0.0. My only idea for how to fix
this is to make the official version number something like 3007.10.2 - but
call it 7.10.2 in all the doc. This seems a mixed bag... and maybe it just
isn't worth it.

thoughts?