At long last: 2014.2.0.0 Release Candidate 1

Randy Polen randyhaskell at outlook.com
Sun Jul 27 00:58:47 BST 2014

(left out the very important "no" in "I have *no* expertise in using ghc in non-ASCII)

From: randy at kanonika.com
To: suhorng at gmail.com
CC: haskell-platform at projects.haskell.org; randyhaskell at outlook.com
Subject: RE: At long last: 2014.2.0.0 Release Candidate 1
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2014 16:55:01 -0700

suhorng,

I tried to reproduce this on x64 Win7 but was not able to (I realize this is not quite your situation).  However, the message seems to be about the conf file (or some step leading to its creation?) and I notice that the tf-random conf file which gets installed for me includes some non-ASCII characters in the a number of fields (author, maintainer, description), so perhaps this is relevant.  In the tf-random tarball that comes down from hackage, a number of files (tf-random.cabal, each of the source files) have non-ASCII chars also (e.g., in comments containing the author's name).  These are just my observations; I have expertise in the using ghc in non-ASCII, so this is probably only minimally useful to you.

Randy