At long last: 2014.2.0.0 Release Candidate 1

Mark Lentczner mark.lentczner at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 15:56:20 BST 2014

On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 5:09 AM, George Colpitts <george.colpitts at gmail.com>
 wrote:

> Installed on the Mac, looks good, not sure if following is significant:

Looks like you have "old stuff" in ~/.ghc *[George sent me his ghc-pkg
dump.]*  That is, things compiled with a prior repease of 7.8.3:

Warning: library-dirs: /opt/local/lib/ doesn't exist or isn't a directory
> Warning: include-dirs: /opt/local/include/ doesn't exist or isn't a
> directory

These are due to the package hmatrix. It looks like it is expecting to find
the C libraries blas and lapack installed in /opt/local.  Is this something
you built a while ago and removed?

Warning: haddock-interfaces:
> /Users/gcolpitts/Library/Haskell/ghc-7.8.3/lib/Cabal-1.20.0.1/doc/html/Cabal.haddock
> doesn't exist or isn't a file

This is more upsetting, since you compiled Cabal-1.20.0.1 with the newly
installed HP. I can reproduce this problem... and oddly, it only happens
with Cabal! The docs are built, but not installed.... haven't figured this
one out yet.  It did uncover another bug in that the "master haddock" in
the User area ends up at the wrong place.

- Mark