Network.CGI maintenance and character encoding problem

Jon Fairbairn jon.fairbairn at cl.cam.ac.uk
Mon Jul 21 09:46:00 BST 2014

I posted the following by mistake to the libraries list, but
Network.CGI is part of the platform, so am reposting it here:

There is a problem with character handling for form inputs in
Network.CGI.
Back in December 2013 I emailed the listed maintainer — Anders
Kaseorg <andersk at mit.edu> — and got no response. I mentioned the
issue on here shortly after that.

I’ve now tracked (part of?) the problem down to web browsers
using Windows-1252 as the de-facto standard for form data,
patched the code to take account of this and sent another
message a to andersk fortnight ago, again with no response.

Is there someone out there with commit rights to whom I can send
the patch?

  — Jón